Today is National Toasted Marshmallow Day. Let’s toast the day with S’mores Jello Shots. Yummy!
S’mores Jello Shots to the rescue!
How fun is this recipe from That’s So Michelle, who is clearly a Jello shot genius? No campfire required!
S’mores Jello Shots in Real Marshmallows
1 bag giant marshmallows
1 cup chocolate vodka of choice
1 cup water
2 packets Knox gelatin
1 packet hot chocolate
Melted chocolate for coating the marshmallows (i.e. Wilton candy melts, found in the baking aisle)
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1. Using your fingers, pinch out the center of giant marshmallows.
2. Let marshmallows sit out a little while to toughen up.
3. Make alcoholic chocolate Jello. Says That’s So Michelle: “I used 1 cup water and a packet of hot chocolate mix. I sprinkled 2 packets of Knox gelatin on top and let it sit for a minute. Then turn on the heat and whisk until boiling and dissolved. When dissolved, pour into 1 cup cold vodka .”
4. Important: Let chocolate Jello mixture cool. It should be at least room temperature before you pour it into your marshmallows. If it’s hot it will melt the marshmallows.
5. Carefully pour Jello mixture into the marshmallows.
6. Save any leftover Jello in case marshmallows need to be topped off after they set for a few hours.
7. Melt chocolate and spread it around the edges of the marshmallows, then roll them in crushed graham crackers.
Not into s’mores or marshmallows? We don’t understand, but OK.
Maybe these five recipes for Adult Root Beer Floats will float your boat instead?