Going out for breakfast? We have picked some of the best syrupy, sweet yummy cakes around!
Here’s our list of the best pancakes in the county:
- Almond Joy Pancakes at Pete’s Place. The Greenacres landmark loads the batter with chocolate chips, then tops the finished ‘cakes with more choco chips, chocolate syrup, slivered almonds and coconuts. It’s like starting your day with a triple-layer cake. 6774 Forest Hill Blvd., Greenacres, 561-641-6543
- Funky Monkey Panky-Doos at The Nook. The friendly staff at this popular eatery challenges you to say “Panky-Doo” without smiling. For the Funky Monkey version, the cooks call upon the wonders of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and bananas. The result: Breakfast magic. 223 Center St., Jupiter, 561-745-7477
- Hazelnut UEPs at Juno Beach Cafe. Working from their 54-year-old recipe for Uncle Eddie’s Pancakes, the Juno Beach Cafe dolls up their trademark ‘cakes with Nutella, sliced strawberries, powdered sugar, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. How do you spell “yum”? “UEP.” 13967 U.S. 1, Juno Beach, 561-622-1533
- Banana Nut Cakes at Benny’s on the Beach. Pecans, almonds and walnuts hijack these flapjacks, which hide under even more chopped nuts and sliced bananas. All those nuts mean this plate contains at least one serving of protein, right? Nod in agreement, please. Lake Worth Pier, 10 S. Ocean Blvd., Lake Worth, 561-582-9001
- Blueberry Pancakes at The Green Owl. There are some dishes that linger in your mind years after you cleaned your plate. The Green Owl’s satisfying standard-issue pancakes are one of those. Nothing fancy. Just fantastic fare in a funky, 33-year-old diner. 330 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, 561-272-7766.